Oct 24, 2013

Death's Love: Chapter 2

Next chapter of my second story. I'm working on the first story too, don't worry (and if you're not, well good for you.)


Chapter 2: Does he like me?
“Thanks.” He smiled at the gift I gave him. I smiled back and created a black mist which wrapped itself around me and teleported me back to my ‘nest’.
I had created myself a place to stay for the time I would stay in Tokyo. It was a small hammock of leaves in a tree strong enough to support a baby. I morphed into a black grey eyed cat and lay down to rest. I heard children running underneath my tree. I hissed at at them and growled until they all left. Finally peace and quiet. Day had become night and I fell asleep.
I woke up in the middle of the night due to my paw aching. A circle with wings was glowing on a bright white light. I remembered Ashitaka in an instant. I jumped down from my tree and began to race through the streets. The closer I got, the fainter the symbol was glowing. I came to a halt as the symbol disappeared. I was standing in front of a tall building. The apartment was about twenty stories high, So how was I to find Ashitaka now? Just as I was whining to myself, I heard a faint whisper. I was still a cat, so I could track the whisper until it became a soft mumble. I stopped in front of an open window. I peeked inside to see Ashitaka sitting cross-legged on his bed. He was holding the necklace tightly in his hand. He sighed, placed the necklace on a table nearby and laid down. He must have been expecting me for a while now because he looked disappointed. I transformed back to my normal human appearance and said softly, “Sorry it took me so long to get here.” He immediately sat up and looked at me. I hopped through the window and stood on the edge of the bed. I said ,“What do you need?”
“I wanted to see if all this was real. If you were real…”
“Well I’m standing in front of you. But I understand. Seeing the Grim Reaper is something few witness. Is there anything else you need?”
“No but you can stay here because I saw you in that tree as a cat, and it gets cold here at night. I mean you can turn into a cat and sleep in the room if you want to…”
“Wow, you are really generous.” An awkward silence followed that conversation. A few moments later, I transformed into a cat and trotted over to a chair, hopped on, and curled up into a ball. I could feel Ashitaka’s gaze on me, but I decided to ignore it for now.

I couldn't fall asleep at all. I opened one eye to watch Ashitaka. He had fallen asleep a few hours ago. Suddenly, I knew someone was to die in a few minutes, so I got off the chair and headed towards the window. I stopped and changed back to normal before I was about to jump out. I turned to face Ashitaka. I walked over to the bed and watched him. He looked so peaceful and calm. I bent down and kissed his forehead before heading out to end someone’s life. That night, I kept thinking about how he seemed to lighten up when I showed up. What if he liked me back?

1 comment:

  1. I really like this story !!! I like it better than the other one actually hahaha. It would be sort of cool if the grim reaper couldnt touch ashitaka. Like as if they really really wanted to touch but since she s the grim reaper ashitaka would die or something. Anyway keep it up !!!!

    ReplyDelete