Oct 29, 2013

Death's Love: Chapter 3

Next chapter of this story. Does Ashitaka like, or even love Karina? Find out by reading this chapter!


Chapter 3: Our Night
The next few nights were the same. He would call for me and I would come to him. He smiled every time I arrived. I would smile back. But one night was different. I showed up as usual and we both smiled at each other. Then, he said
“I have to tell you something.”
“Sure, what is it?”
“Remember that time when we met? Well I kinda… this is hard to say...fell...in love...with you.” He loved me back? I was so surprised that I was speechless. My cheeks started to burn and my heart was beating faster and faster. He really loved me back. This was incredible! He got off the bed and walked towards me. He grabbed my hand gently and pulled me a little closer. He asked, “Do you like me back?” I blushed an even darker shade of red. When I finally got enough courage, I looked up at him. His eyes were hopeful and nervous. “Yes I do. I've loved you ever since I met you.” He smiled brightly. He pulled me closer, wrapped his arms around my waist and held me tight. I had never been held tightly before. I had missed out on this for so many years. I hugged him back and buried my face in his shoulder. It was so nice to be loved and cared for. After a few moments, he pulled away and smiled down at me. He said, “It’s getting late. I should sleep.” He headed over to the bed and lay down. I shape-shifted into a cat and curled up at his side on the bed. He started petting me softly; we eventually both fell asleep.
The next morning, I woke up before he did. I later realized I must have transformed back to normal during the night on accident. I was lying right next to him. His face was so close to mine, our noses were touching. I tried to move away, But his arms were around my waist and he had a tight grip. As I struggled to break free from his arms, he woke up. He softly said, “You want to leave me already?”   
“No, I would never. It’s just that I’m not comfortable being this close to you…” He chuckled and ran his fingers through my hair. He said sweetly, “Good morning Karina.”
“Good morning Ashitaka.” He kissed my forehead and grinned like a child. I smiled and snuggled up to him, resting my head against his chest. We stayed together until I had to go end the pain of an Egyptian man who had cancer. Before I left, I quickly kissed Ashitaka’s forehead.
The day went by faster than I had expected. Already, the symbol was glowing on the back of my hand. I rushed to meet Ashitaka. As always he was waiting for me but this time, he was still wearing his day clothes. “I thought we could sneak out together and watch the stars. What do you think?” He said. “What are you waiting for let’s go!” He smiled cheerfully at me. He took my hand and led me to the door. We left the apartment and climbed up to the roof. We sat down on the edge close to each other. His arm was around my waist and my head was on his shoulder. The stars were glowing brightly, but Ashitaka's smile was out shining them all. As the night got cooler, we got closer, until I was almost sitting on his lap. The hours went by as we watched the stars and each other. “Karina, there’s this thing I have wanted to do for a long time.”
“What is it?”

“This.” He leaned in closer until our lips met.

No comments:

Post a Comment